Estellaprint has its origins in Gráficas Estella. This company was set up in Estella (Navarra, northern Spain) in the 1960s by Editoral Salvat, one of the biggest publishing groups in Spain and Latin America at the time.
During the 80s and 90s Gráficas Estella underwent a number of restructuring operations, improving and extending its range of machinery and opening up to international markets.
Rodesa opened in 1999, completing the supply of colour books with a very efficient plant for the web printing of black-and-white books with binding incorporated.,
We later expanded by acquiring Unigraf (Madrid), a printing and binding company with a good reputation. This enabled us to increase our capacity and become the leader in Spain for the production of 2- and 4-colour and black-and-white books.
In 2011, through the acquisition of Gráficas Tres, we made a commitment to diversification towards the food and consumer goods packaging sector. This brought together the technical and industrial know-how of Gráficas Estella and the experience and expertise of Lantero Group in the packing and packaging sector.
Editorial Salvat, the leading Spanish-language publishing group at the time, set up the company Gráficas Estella in Estella (Navarra, northern Spain).
Groupe Hachette acquired E. Salvat but Gráficas Estella was not included in the operation.
The company was acquired in a management buy-out. The international development and technological renewal of the company began.
The Government of Navarra acquired 75% of the company's share capital.
Gráficas Estella became part of Lantero Group, thus consolidating its shareholding and financial position.
Rodesa (Rotativas de Estella S.A.) was set up to cover the demand for black-and-white books.
Acquisition of the Unigraf Group (Madrid). The group became the market leader in black-and-white printing, with 4 web presses, and also sheet-fed colour, plus three binding workshops.
Lomesa was set up, to deal with storage and logistics services and handling published materials.
Acquisition of Gráficas Tres, a company with over 40 years’ experience in compact cardboard food packaging and labelling.
Gráficas Tres changes its name to Estella Packaging and the activity of the graphics division is unified under the Estellaprint brand.
New 3500m2 building and third production line installed at Packaging.
Development of the Strategic Plan made in 2015 for all Lantero Group divisions, which projets the Group activity forward to 2020.
With a large proportion of our products destined to the international markets, we are structured to operate internationally, and cater for the needs and requirement of our customers in Spain, Europe and elsewhere.
Each of our customers can rely on the support of their dedicated account manager, who will monitor on their behalf every stage of the production and delivery process. We communicate with our clients in al the major languages of the European Union.
Sales by market
Exports represent about 50% of Estellaprint’s turnover, mainly in France and the United Kingdom.
Estellaprint, a state-of-the-art company in the Spanish Printing and Packaging Industry, has the following objectives:
- The manufacture of publishing and packaging products for the most important publishers worldwide and companies in the food and consumer goods sector.
- The consolidation of our current customer portfolio, by satisfying their needs in terms of product and service.
- A commitment to the continuous improvement of our processes, production equipment and working conditions, while encouraging the prevention of pollution and the conservation of the environment.
- Promoting the rational management of forestry resources, applying the FSC© Chain of Custody principles, thereby avoiding the use of non-certified wood of controversial origin.
- Continuous actions aimed at the elimination and control of workplace hazards, and the surveillance of the health and safety of the company’s employees.
- Compliance with applicable legislation and regulations in the areas of health and safety at work and the environment, and any other requirement the organisation has signed up to.
- The ethical and responsible management of all the company’s activities, based on internationally recognised codes of conduct.